Holiday festivities begin Saturday, December 7th and continue until Saturday, December 14th, 2019
Celebrate Southport’s historic Southern and maritime charm with events for children of all ages.
Kick off the holiday season with a week of celebration and events throughout the downtown area. Guests of all ages may enjoy live theater, a WinterFest Tea Party, cookie contest, supper with Santa’s elves, view the “Polar Express,” step back in history with a costumed history tour, Christmas fire engine parade, Winter Craft Festival, book sale, performing arts, Santa’s workshop, historic jail tour, WinterFest Tour of Homes, and wrap up the week with the Christmas Flotilla.
For more information please visit the website. All events are free unless otherwise noted.
Saturday, December 7th
- WinterFest Tea – Southport Community Building, 223 E Bay St. at 1:00 p.m., $40
Sunday, December 8th
- A Pet Holiday Party – Keziah Park, 113 W. Moore St – pictures with Santa will be available
Monday, December 9th
- South Brunswick High School Choral Concert – Southport Community Building, 223 E. Bay St at 6:30 p.m. – free
Tuesday, December 10th
- Shop-with-a-Cop Concert – Franklin Square Park, 105 E Moore St. at 5:30 p.m. – free
Wednesday, December 11th
- Holiday Cookie Contest – Southport Community Building, 223 E Bay St. from 3:00 – 5:30 p.m.
- Supper with Santa’s Elves – 209 N Atlantic Ave. from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m., $5 per child
Thursday, December 12th
- Christmas Movie “Polar Express” – Fort Johnston Garrison Lawn, 203 E Bay St. at 5:00 p.m.
Friday, December 13th
- Costumed Holiday History Tour – NC Maritime Museum at Southport, 204 E Moore St. from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Light Up the Night Christmas Fire Engine Parade – Waterfront Park and down Howe Street back to the Southport Fire Station at 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, December 14th
- Winter Craft Festival – Franklin Square Park, 105 E Moore St. from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Book Sale – 727 N Howe St. from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Santa’s Workshop – 209 N Atlantic Ave from 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- WinterFest Performing Arts – Southport Community Building, 223 E Bay St. from 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Old Brunswick County Jail Tours – corner of Nash and Rhett streets from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- A Coastal Christmas – NC Maritime Museum at Southport from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Christmas Tour of Homes – historic downtown Southport from 1:00 – 6:00 p.m., $15 in advance, $20 day of tour
- Southport Christmas Flotilla – waterfront viewing from the Yacht Basin to Kingsley Park beginning at 7:00 p.m.